Monday, June 14, 2010

Art, indie kids, followers.

Our world has become the follower & we the followed.
The new 'cool' seems to be art. How devastating.
Those who can actually call themselves artists I admire greatly.
The rest are just people trying to have a taste for art to look and be interesting. How pathetic.
It actually tends to make me fairly annoyed as when I tell people I'm doing photography which I've been interested in for years they come out with 'Oh how very artsy cool of you'. ARGH!
I am doing this because I love it.
I look at other photographers all the time & go through their photos picking out whether they're photos are creative enough. Call me a perfectionist because I am. Especially when it comes to anything to do with a camera. I like making things look beautiful in strange ways.
I guess my type of photography would be fashion portraits or something along those lines as you can do all sorts of scenes. It's Fabulous!
It should be a good thing that more people are acquiring a taste for art, but, it's not, as I know most of these people are doing it for the wrong reasons.
I blame the so called 'indie' kids. They are supposedly fashionable, artsy & unique...
But then again... Everyone seems to be turning indie, so there's nothing unique about them. All they are is just yet another form of followers.
The intrigue of someone unique is quite compelling so I can see why people want to be unique... But to follow the crowd on trying to be this so called unique is just silly... do they not see themselves?? Do they not understand that it's just another way of following the crowd?
I congratulate all that actually have their own style, their own personality & their own interests on their own accord. You are truly admirable.
Thank you for listening? My rant is now finished.

1 comment:

  1. hi Tinkerbell
    how are you I have read your article and was impressed with own words I hope that Tkulaini monitor of a permanent

    ReplyDelete